- Introduction: veg frankie is the most popular sanks .It mostly preferred school and college students . Veg frankie originated from streets of kolkatta, now a very popular street food of India. Basically spiced vegetables are wrapped in chapati or wrap bread to which tomato sauce and green chutney are added to enhance the flavour.
veg frankie recipe | veg kathi roll recipe | veg frankie
INGREDIENTS 2 bowl all purpose flour 4 boiled potatoes medium size 1 spoon grated ginger 1 teaspoon garlic paste 2 tablespoons oil 2 tablespoons butter or butter 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder Salt to taste 2 tablespoons vinegar or vinegar 1 teaspoon mix herb 2 tablespoons grated cheese Shejwan chutney as per requirement
- First heat a spoon of oil and a spoon of butter in a pan. Now add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder.
- Grate boiled potatoes, add salt as per taste and mix well. Cover and cook for a while. When cooled mix two spoons of vinegar and mix it well.
- Add flour, salt to taste and two teaspoons of butter in a bowl and mix it well. Knead soft dough with water and keep it covered for a while.
- Roll out the thin dough of prepared flour and cook it raw on a griddle. Do not cook too much, otherwise the Frankie roll may break.
- Likewise keep all Frankie’s bread
- Now take Frankie’s bread, put Szechwan chutney on it. Now spread the prepared potato mixture on top of it and put grated cheese on top.
- Now roll the prepared roti carefully by pressing it lightly.
- Likewise prepare all the Frankie rolls
- Heat oil and buttons on the griddle and cook on both sides, pressing the Frankie roll lightly on top of it.
- Serve Frankie Roll wrapped in paper napkin or silver foil.
- Street food style wedge frankie roll is ready.